Wild. That's the word I think of when looking at this outfit. It's crazy in the sense that you don't see a fur vest very often in Wyoming and if you do, I'd think it was real. I'd also think he'd killed it himself, assuming it was a man wearing the fur vest. He'd be all Dexter-like about it, taking a trophy of his kill. 

Which leads to why this post is called "Darlyna." As you know, I love the show "The Walking Dead" on AMC, and one character has really developed this season, becoming my favorite character: Daryl. He supports the "back-woods redneck" stereotype in season 1 and takes it with him into the first few episodes of season 2, but he slowly grows out of that view when he starts to do upstanding things for the group.

There's a scene in the episode "Chupacabra" where a vision of Daryl's brother comes and taunts him by calling him names, one of which is Darlyna. I was inspired to create a look for what I imagine Daryl's possible girlfriend would wear (also realizing they are in Georgia means this outfit would never work down there...oh the humidity). I love the way this character is opening up and becoming more human in a world where humanity is threatened by zombies.

Sadly though, the show is on hiatus until February. *sigh* But for now, I'll be enjoying spiced eggnog and gingerbread cookies over the holiday season, at least until the gore begins again in February.

Vest: Old Navy
Shirt: American Eagle
Dress: Target
Tights: Old Navy
Necklace: Urban Outfitters
Boots: Enzo from Nordstrom
 
Top